As a tutor, you are probably accustomed to passing on your specialist knowledge in remote forms such as articles in professional journals or contributions to websites but online learning for tutors, or rather from the tutors’ perspective, is something you may not have considered.
You may have given informal or formal instruction, perhaps with the aid of slides, and in lecture or presentation formats and creating courses for online learning is the logical extension of these processes, since it draws on a range of methods and styles and can reach a very wide audience.
Its first advantage is accessibility:
The business workplace is often highly-structured, and it is not easy for the time-pressed employee to travel to scheduled courses which may be at a distance, involving further time and expense. By contrast, online learning requires little more than a computer and can be undertaken at times and locations of the learner’s choice. So your course can reach many more people than conventional formats, whilst achieving a minimal impact on the environment.
You will already have considerable resources at your disposal – your own knowledge and experience, all the articles and presentations you have stored, and good contacts within industry to keep you aware of its changing needs for training, upgrading and career enhancement. Online learning with Technology Training Courses lets you reshape these resources into a highly-effective and saleable form of instruction.
The courses you create, when followed by your students, have advantages far beyond simple convenience and cost.
- They will be structured so that the framework is always evident for reference
- They will allow individual choice so that easy or familiar material can be studied quickly or omitted
- while more challenging topics can be studied at length and repeated at will
- The modes of presentation are varied, holding the learner’s attention and making the material more memorable
- a typical lesson might include text, illustrations, diagrams, video, audio, quizzes and assessment tasks.
- Being able to track and measure progress benefits both you
- since you can gauge the effectiveness of your material and modify it
- and the learner, who gains proof of success and enhancement of his CV.
- All courses can be officially validated and have accompanying certification on completion.
[wc_divider style=”solid” line=”single” margin_top=”40px” margin_bottom=”40px”]
[wc_posts author=”” author_name=”” p=”” post__in=”” order=”DESC” orderby=”date” post_status=”publish” post_type=”post” posts_per_page=”10″ taxonomy=”post_tag” field=”slug” terms=”benefits” title=”yes” meta_all=”yes” meta_author=”yes” meta_date=”yes” date_format=”M j, Y” meta_comments=”yes” thumbnail=”yes” content=”yes” paging=”yes” size=”wccarousel” filtering=”yes” columns=”2″ gutter_space=”40″ heading_type=”h2″ layout=”grid” template=”borderless” excerpt_length=”15″][/wc_posts]