Each lesson can now be created:
It is important to remember always that the students are NOT in the room with you. Therefore the content of each lesson needs to be able to stand on its own – you are not there to expand or explain further, so the level of detail needs to be very explicit.
- Start by using bullet points – topics to be covered, maybe in question form.
- Present the topics + questions/assignments if appropriate
- it is vital to place each topic within general context.
- Use clear diagrams and illustrations where possible; use an easy layout
- try not to keep referring to previous or subsequent pages.
- End with bullet points
- summarise topics in different terms from opening bullet points, e.g.
- answering questions posed
- self-assessment task, or
- more general assignment
- e.g. “Using the material from this section, plan a short presentation for your colleagues on….”