The first lesson is free! Just click lesson 1 to try before you buy.
Starch Hydrolysis – a comprehensive insight
By: Dr Michael Radeloff…
- Learn how the starch macromolecule is broken down by chemical and enzymatic hydrolysis in an industrial refinery process to obtain syrups and powders of high nutritive value and different grades of sweetness.
- Refinery products described here include glucoses, dextrose, maltose, fructose and maltodextrin.
- Beyond sweetness these refinery products provide a range of physicochemical properties that are looked at with respect to the commercial interest they find in specific food, pharmaceutical and technical applications.
- The starch hydrolysis process
- Products from starch hydrolysis and their key areas of use
- Characteristics of starch hydrolysis products
- Course conclusion